Friday, March 9, 2012

Flashback

Anyone who knows our family, I mean REALLY knows our family, knows that from Thanksgiving to the end of January is one big party after another.  We've got Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, los Reyes Magos (Three Kings Day), and then four birthdays.  I think that's why I'm pretty much M.I.A. from blogging during that time period.  Once I finally recover in February it seems lame to blog about the holidays.  So, I thought, too bad.  Today, you shall celebrate Christmas in March.  :)

These are pictures from the kids opening presents on Christmas morning.  They started with looking in stockings and reading a lengthy letter from Santa about how they should be obedient and work hard in school.  That Santa is one smart dude!
 
 Lehonti and Limhi got Mario Kart for the Wii from Santa and Isabel got some Miss Muffin dolls.  As a parent, it's nice to have kids who are easily pleased on Christmas!

 

  
 Other presents from Mama and Papa:  a mini table soccer game,
 a nerf gun (which is mostly used for target practice or shooting at family BELOW THE FACE.  I cannot tell you how many times Ernesto and I have to remind them of that rule, but we must be going on a million!),
 a crayola glow station.  This is like one of those magna doodle or aqua doodle things, but you write with a black light.  Very cool for the artist in your family!
 play dough...another must have with children.  Although by now, it's pretty much dried out or a funky color. 
 Hot Wheel cars.  Lehonti is a car fanatic!
 Henry's first Christmas was mostly clothes but he did seem to enjoy this book of nursery rhymes that has lights and music.
 As with other holidays, our Christmas is usually full of traditional foods.  This year, I tried my hand at my Grandma Walsh's recipe for bratzeli cookies.  They didn't turn out as good as hers, but hopefully with a little more practice I can get a little closer!
 This is Ernesto with a cow's tongue.  That's right.  I said cow tongue.  I admit it's a little weird and gross to look at, touch, and cook.  But to eat...tacos de lengua can't be beat!
Thanks for celebrating Christmas with us...in March!

No comments: